Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Our New Kitchen!


Chris and I have wanted to redo our kitchen to make it nicer and we decided to try to have it done before Christmas. We got new granite counters, a new sink/disposal, new tile back splash (which we designed), new stainless steel appliances (a fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and oven), and we added a bar right over the sink where 2-3 people can sit. Chris also painted the walls a light green so we no longer have the "whiteout" kitchen. Before we had white cabinets (still do), white walls, white appliances, and white tile. Our kitchen is more "homey" now and I am very happy with it! We thought not only would it be great for us to have a new kitchen but also it will be great for resale of our townhouse when that day comes. If I think back to when we were looking at these townhouses the "whiteout" kitchen was the nicest one we saw so I can just imagine that when people walk through our house (of course down the road!) they will like the new kitchen too. I know when we were house searching I would always check out the kitchen first so that is one of the first rooms we wanted to redo.

Here are some before and after pictures!

BEFORE:
overlooking the living room (old sink, dishwasher, and wood above sink)
no counters
old stove, microwave, fridge, counters
a look from the dining room into the kitchen


AFTER:
looking over our sink out into the living room- new dishwasher, sink, and bar
a look from the dining room into the kitchen - doesn't it look more "homey" with the colors and light green wall?
looking over the bar from the living room into the kitchen
looking from the pantry into the dining room and sun room (Alex's playroom)
new stove, microwave, and counters. Also love the addition of my new cookbook holder that Titi got me for Christmas

No comments: