Wednesday, April 13, 2011

3 in 3

Alexandra is going to be 3 in 3 months - I know I always say it but it is so hard to believe that she is going to be 3 years old soon. It's just amazing how much information that little brain can take in at such a young age. She says so many funny and witty things but I know some of the stuff she doesn't come up with on her own - she has heard some of the stuff before but it's still funny!

Here are a few things she has said recently:

We were putting dishes away from the dishwasher and she was putting away her bowls in the cupboard and she says "I know my way around the kitchen!" Now this was something that Chris said to her before. He didn't know that she knew where to get or put away her bowls and he was going to get her a snack. He went to get her a bowl and she said "I can get it" and went over to the cupboard. That's when Chris says "Alex, you sure do know your way around the kitchen!" That's my kind of girl! I want to raise her to know her way around the kitchen and to cook!!

One day she just randomly said "I just love my house!"

Alex also knows that her snacks are in the pantry. She often goes in and gets one of her snacks to eat if I say she can. Well I keep water bottles and soda in there too on the floor of the pantry. One day she brings me a soda and says "Here's a soda mommy - you LOVE soda!" Probably not the best message to send her that I love soda (because I do) but at least she doesn't drink it or doesn't even have a desire. She even said on vacation that she didn't like it. She has had a few sips here and there but not even enough to amount to a glass. I want to keep it that way too. She'll figure it out soon enough when she is older.

"Oh bummer!" - She says this when she drops something or when something doesn't go as planned.

Alex loves to share her food and drinks with people. No, more like she likes to force it on you. Not really but she is persistent in getting you to take a taste or sip of what she has. So recently she's been saying things like this:

You want some juice? It's very juicy!
You want some milk? It's very milky!
You want some crackers? They're very crunchy!
You want some blueberries? They're very blueberry

So you see the pattern - she tries to describe the object to get you to eat or drink it - but she just turns the noun in the sentence into an adjective. haha. too funny.

As I've said before she has quite a good imagination. I bet she'll have imaginary friends one day. Well we were playing and she was sitting in a large plastic bin pretending to be in a boat. She asked me to sit in one too but of course I a too big. Well we were using the foam things from the floor to be our "oars". Then she took all of the oars and lined them up and said "Welcome to my oar store - how can I help you?" The kid cracks me up.

She must be into stores or something because lately everything has been in her "store" She has had a DVD store, her oar store, and a flute store. Perhaps we have a future store owner on our hands.

The flute store came about today when I was doing her hair up in her bedroom. She had some popcicle sticks and was pretending they were different things. Well it happened to be a flute. And she said "I have a flute store. But I only have 2. Then she said "There's three more" and I said "so how many flutes do you have? and she said 5. She only had one stick with her and didn't even use her hands................how did she know that 2 + 3 = 5? Time to start some more addition facts! haha

She is also into Clifford books lately.She kept wanting to read one that she had in her room. Well since we were reading it every night I brought up some from the basement that I had from my classroom. Now she has about 20 to choose from and we read about 4 a night. It's funny though how she still knows the words to all of them. She has memorized alot of the books. She loves Dr. Seuss books too and also the Level 1Reading books that have pictures and words. She loves to read along with me. Two of her new favorite shows are Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Bubble Guppies. Even though she loves these shows she still loves her old standby Wonderpets and of course Little Einsteins. She has started getting into cartoon movies too. We watched all of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 (in many days of course), a Tinkerbell movie,and part of Chicken Little. She'll stay interested for a bit but then ends up wanting to play.

She can find the letters for her name and if asked how to spell it half of the time she says "ALEX" but the other half she says "ELEX". She also knows that her birthday is in July and that she will be 3. She also can undress herself fully depending on the outfit and has gone to the bathroom all on her own (given I lay out the toilet paper for her). She is learning and practicing so many new things!






No comments: