Sunday, April 17, 2011

Kudos to Single Moms!

I say this because a few nights I had to be a "single mom" while Chris went out and did the grocery shopping for us. He went out right around bath/bed time for the kids so I said......ok we're not doing a bath tonight , only bed. I try to alternate bath nights for the kids but tonight neither was getting one! (Camden doesn't really get dirty anyways). Well this night Camden happened to be fussy too with some gas and he seemed to be overtired. So I took him up to Alex's room and got started putting Alex to bed. Normally I'll lay down with her, read 2 books while she eats her snack and drinks her milk, take her to the bathroom to go and brush teeth and then it's back up to her bed to read 2 more books (and Alex always requests just one more) and then I always lay with her for "just two songs" as per her request (I like the cuddle time too!)

Well that night I had to stand and read books while rocking Camden trying to get his gas out. Then he was hungry so I am also then nursing him trying to read books. Finally I just had to say goodnight to Alex and took Camden down to his room, finished feeding him, and put him to bed. It was surely difficult trying to put two kids to bed - especially since one was a very unhappy camper! But it all worked out and by 9:30 they were both in bed and I was thinking..........more power to all those single moms out there because I surely would have a difficult time being one!

No comments: