I ended up doing a jungle/safari theme for her party. I thought it turned out pretty well. I made monkey cupcakes and some tiger and lion cake pops too. Let's just say there were not a lot of leftovers (and any food that was left over we took care of after the party!)
My mom, Amy, and Nancy came down on Thursday and were a huge help! Uncle Bob came down Thursday too because he had a conference to go to on the weekend. On Thursday I was in party mode trying to bake and decorate cakes, clean, and get all of the food ready. I ended up being a tad bit overwhelmed but was able to get everything done (although I didn't get to bed until about 1:30 and of course when I went up Camden got up so by the time I was done with him and went to bed it was about 2:15 or so.)
I thought the party turned out nice. Then after everyone left we were all pooped! Alex played with her toys the whole day and ended up crashing in the late afternoon in the car when Nana and I were running some errands.
Then on Saturday came party number two. Aunt Tricia, Papa, Mimi, and Lindsay joined us to celebrate again. It was nice that Alex was able to play with Alyssa (who just turned 2 a few days before). We just had some pizza and soft pretzels, cake, and ice cream. Again, nothing major but it was just nice being able to spend time together celebrating Alex's special day!
Here are some pictures from our fun birthday celebrations:
Helping to crush the popcicles for our giant sno cone
Pressing the ice pops into the bowl
Her birthday outfit
Checking out the food table. She asked about every 10 minutes for a cake pop
Monkey cupcakes
Cake Pops - Tigers and Lions
Birthday Kisses
The food table
Waiting for her friends to arrive
Alex had some "quiet time" with Amy putting together a personalized puzzle she got when Camden was born. I'm surprised that she had the attention span to sit and finish this whole puzzle! (There were lots of little pieces!!)
She wanted to sit up on the counter to look at the cake
Enjoying her pool (or hot tub because the water got so warm!)
Swim time
The jungle/safari cake I made for Alex for her birthday party
Chris lighting the candles
She was so excited when we sang to her
Opening a princess castle from Nana and Papa
Alyssa opening her gifts
Daddy playing with the princess castle with Alex
3 comments:
Happy 3rd Birthday Alex! You're 3 like me now... I really liked the pictures and thought the monkey cupcakes your mommy made were awesome. My mommy needs lessons to make me a birthday party like that!!!!
My mommy gets wayyyyyyyyy stressed out though when she does that! haha She is too much of a perfectionist! =)
Happy (belated) 3rd Birthday, Alex!
Post a Comment