I may as well post because I'm sure not sleeping. But not by choice. Both kids decided that today we should get up at 5:30 am. I may become a little delirious by the end of this post and if so I apologize! Here is how my night went last night.
11:00 - went to bed - I know I should have gone sooner but I just wasn't tired until then
3:45 Camden up to eat
4:15 getting ready to put him back in his crib when Alex walks in and of course wakes him up (this is a trend lately) She wanted milk. Normally we don't give it to her in the middle of the night but I thought maybe she'd just go back to sleep. I go get Chris to get her some since I am trying to feed Camden a bit more.
4:45 I finally get Camden back down - I go pump for 15 minutes.
5:00 I go back to bed
5:15 Alex is up again to go to the bathroom (probably from the milk). She goes and then I take her back up to her room (and lay with her for 2 songs - the whole time she is wide awake). As we are laying I hear Camden on the monitor. He's up again. Ugh!
5:20 Go down and feed Camden. Maybe he's not even hungry but he's up so yeah I feed him again because he can usually go to sleep that way. And I'm stinkin tired. I lay him down awake and he is wide awake and talking. I decide to just let him in his crib thinking maybe he'll put himself to sleep. I need sleep so I go back to bed.
5:30 Alex comes in and is basically up for the day. I go get Camden because he is still talking (and rolled over onto his tummy now)
Downstairs we come - Alex whining -I want a show, I want milk, etc etc etc. I'm a little cranky at this point and told her she can't have a show. If I'm going downstairs at 5:30 I'm watching what I want!
So basically I slept from 11:30 (took me a bit to fall asleep) until 3:45. So not a happy camper.
Yesterday Alex had a nap - a 3 hour one - which she kind of has given up - and that's been ok with me only because she has been going to bed a little earlier and sleeping better. It actually was "quiet time" but she fell asleep. When she first started giving up her nap I was thinking how she really needs the sleep because she can get a bit cranky (I guess lack of sleep does that to us all!) Plus, I wanted some "me" time during the day but really I never really ended up having it anyways because if she was sleeping most likely Camden was up.
And now yesterday she had a nap and look what happened - she went to bed later, it took her a while to go to sleep, AND she woke multiple times during the night and was up at 5:30. I'm thinking no more naps.
Recently she has also been waking Camden up from his naps. And now at bedtime too. I'm not sure how to get to her to be quiet while I am putting him down. She's 3 - you can ask or tell her to be quiet but perhaps she just doesn't have that much self control to do that yet. Plus Camden is at the point now where he is learning new things and wants to know what is going on so if he hears her he totally wakes up and wants to play, chat, or whatever.
Camden has also recently gone through a bit of a sleep regression. Not napping as well and waking up more. At 2 months he was sleeping up to 9 hours straight - 8-5. I did move up his bedtime because he was getting tired earlier. But I've read that around this age some babies go through a sleep regression because they are having a lot of mental development, learning new skills, and they want to be up to "practice" those. But I've also read it does eventually get better. I sure hope so. He used to take a good 2-3 hour nap in the morning and then a hour or so in the afternoon. Lately he seems to be cat napping (probably because a certain 3 year old keeps waking him). He was napping in his swing all of the time though and so I thought I wanted him to nap in his crib so he gets used to it. I have had him cry it out at night and that worked to get him to sleep. Now he can basically go to bed awake and put himself to sleep. But naps haven't been as easy. I may have to try to have him cry it out for naps too. I would like to get on a "schedule" but I figure I should just wait until he is 6 months old in September because our daily schedule will be changing anyways with Alex going to preschool.
Am I sounding delirious yet? It's only 7 am and Camden is yawning. I am too. I think he's ready for a nap. A nap. Normally he is just now waking up. It's going to be a long day.
1 comment:
JDaniel is having trouble staying in bed at night. It gets tiring taking back to bed over and over again.
Post a Comment