Wednesday, July 2, 2008

39 week appointment - 8 days left (I hope!)

39 week belly! I REALLY hope this is the last belly pic I have to post!

here are some final details we added to the nursery. On the left is a little name plaque I made and on the right is a ladybug and a plaque that says "Cute as a Bug"





Today I had my 39 week appointment and the Dr. checked me to see If I was effaced. To leave out gory details to those of you who don't know what that means he was just seeing to how close I am or how much progress I have made! But anyways - I was 50% effaced - halfway there - but he did not tell me if I was dialated at all.


It also came up that should Little Miss Alexandra decide not to come by her due date - next week - that they will wait 1 week and then induce the labor. So that is good news for me that if she doesn't come I will only be 1 week late and not 2!!! So we will be parents for sure by July 17th..........but of course as you all know since I say this EVERY time - we want to meet her before that. My Dr. did say that if she is born on the 4th I should name her macaroni (due to all of the picnics) haha.


I have been keeping pretty busy this week. I was able to meet for lunch with all of my work buddies then went to Chris's parents house for swimming (or more like me sitting on the ladder with my feet in!) and dinner. Then today (Wed) I had my appointment and Amy and I did some running around and lunch. Then tomorrow I think I am heading to school to get some work done and will be going to dinner with my sister in law and her hubby. Finally the weekend of the 4th I am sure will be somewhat busy so that gets me to next week!


So people I am gonna need some plans for the week of the 10th....haha....anything to keep me busy! If anyone has any ideas let me know!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed that baby Alexandra comes on the Fourth! How neat it would be to have an Independence Day baby! (And the idea of naming her Macaroni is cute! haha). My one boss's wife is expecting their first on the 14th - this seems like Baby Season!

Good luck these next few days! :-) Can't wait to see the cute baby!