Last night before bed I was writing about how I had my appointment today at 2 PM. Well last night (more this early morning starting at 4 am) I had some cramping. Nothing major. It was of course irregular and sporadic and not that intense so nothing really to worry about. I couldn't sleep (I was basically writing down times I had pains from 4 until about 6) and now I am up and at em since I couldn't sleep. I know I will take a nap later on today because I will probably be super tired!
But I decided to get on the computer and check email, weather, etc. I also started using this contraction timer on the computer that will time contractions for you. The only bad thing is you have to sit at the computer and hit the spacebar when they start and then when they stop. They will time the duration frequency of them. Well they are getting a little more painful - still nothing that I can't handle - but definately stronger than this morning and than last weeks. I am hoping this is the light at the end of the tunnel. Today when I go to the Dr. I will make sure I tell them that they are getting more intense- maybe I have progressed and they will actually let me go into the hospital today. I highly doubt I would actually go to the hospital before my 2 PM appt but you never know. Although the contractions seem far apart as I am timing them on the computer they seem to be 6-7 mins apart and lasting anywhere between 30 secs to 1 min. I've been told to call the Dr. if they get to be 5 mins apart for an hour. Keep your fingers crossed that I could be having this baby soon!!
7 comments:
I hope so! And what a beatiful day it is today!!!
Hi Ali,
I've been checking your blog and I was hoping to see some newborn pictures posted today! I hope delivery goes well- you're going to do great- and I can't wait to see the final result!
Gretchen
That is so exciting, Ali! That would be super cool if you have your baby today - my boss's wife is in the hospital having her baby today, too - also a girl. I know you have been waiting so patiently and it is great that you finally feel like you are progressing! It does sound like you might be close to having her! I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!
Best of luck - and make sure to post those baby pics as soon as you can! :-)
CONGRATULATIONS, ALI! I was over at Renee's blog and saw that your little one was born yesterday. Wow - was she ever born quick after those contractions started! I am so glad to hear that everything went well and apparently quickly once everything got rolling. I bet Alexandra is GORGEOUS!
Congratulations again! I am still waiting on word that my boss's wife had her baby -- she got induced yesterday and still no baby.
Ali-- Congrats!!!!!!! How exciting for you two!! Hiya lil Alex!!! I'm your LONG distant auntie Jamie lol :) I couldn't be happier for you !! Now we get to spoil her!! YAY!! :) xoxoxo
It is neat - my boss's wife ended up having her baby yesterday - almost at the same time! She was 2:45 p.m. It's Baby Time!
I cannot wait to see pictures. PICTURES!!! :)
Hey Ali! I just looked at Renee's site! I'm so happy for you! I knew she would come the 15th; exactly 4 months after Caden! Enjoy this time when she's tiny. She'll grow so quickly! Hope you're all doing well.
Post a Comment