Well today when I woke up I knew I felt different. Last night I had a few contractions when I was laying down. I got up, drank some water, and went downstairs at midnight with my mom and watched tv. The contractions went away and a half hour later I went back up to bed. I "slept" if you can call it that but it was more resting with my eyes shut because I was still up every few hours to go the bathroom and it hurt when I got up. Well I got up at 6 and had some sporadic contractions. Nothing to time but my body definitely felt different. Well 8:30 rolled around and I decided to use my contraction timer on my phone and found that my contractions were about 2-6 minutes apart and lasted anywhere from 45 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds. The dr. told me before that if I thought I was going into labor to call. So I decided to call just to be on the safe side. I talked to a nurse and she told me to go to my OBGYN office to be checked. That was a plus right there - only having to drive 10 minutes to there instead of 20 to a hospital to only be sent home. Well I got checked but there has been no progress since last week. Still 1 cm and 70% effaced. I have my "actual" appointment tomorrow where I will get checked again.
I decided with this one since it is my second baby it's better to be safe than sorry and everyone at that office is super nice so I didn't mind going in. I always hate reading about people going in to their doctors and the dr. or nurses being rude, etc. So anyways, no progress and was sent back home. They said if it gets worse I can come back - I said, nah I'll try to wait it out until tomorrow for my appt. My favorite doctor checked me today and said that tomorrow she is at the hospital so it would be nice if I delivered when she was there. I think it would be too - I was hoping she would deliver the baby too. Well now I am home and gonna take it easy and lay down for a bit. Contractions are a little stronger now so I want to just rest. My intentions for today were to go to the mall to walk around (and hopefully do a little shopping too) but at this point all I feel like doing is laying down.
So who knows - maybe tomorrow I will have made some progress. Fingers crossed at least that I do! Prayers and wishes please!!!!!!
2 comments:
will be praying and wishing for you! :) Can't wait to hear about your appt tomorrow!
Thanks! Send some labor dust my way!! Hoping I don't have to go through a few days of these contractions! Hopefully all of this stuff is a sign!
Post a Comment