Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Camden's First Appointment

Today Camden had his first doctor appointment since being discharged. At home he was sleeping most of the day and I wanted to feed him before we went so I probably should have given myself more time. I fed him for about 25 minutes and then wanted to get him changed and ready to go. Well that part of the plan took a little longer. Camden does not like getting his diaper changed. I bet it is still a little uncomfortable yet until everything heals and well I think he was getting back at me and my mom for changing him by peeing on us - twice! Actually it was my third time today. So far I managed to change the diaper quick enough to not get hit but I think my luck has run out. So after cleaning that up and getting him cleaned up, changed (again) and into his car seat we were on our way.

His appointment went well though. He was fine when he was weighed but when the Dr. had to check him out he started crying. I think he was sick of having his clothes off. But everything checked out just fine. He did lose some of his weight again - he now weighs 8 lbs. 7 oz (as compared to his birth weight of 8 lbs 14 oz) so we are going back Friday just to do a weigh check.

As soon as the appointment was over and he was in his car seat and picked up he stopped crying and was fine. He actually has been sleeping since we got home - I guess all of that crying wore him out.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Two of my friends just had babies that were almost 9 pounds and both of theirs lost weight in the first couple weeks. In fact, I'm not sure if either are back up to their birth weight yet. I think it's common for bigger babies. He is such a cute little boy. I see a lot of Necci in him!