Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Survived!

I survived my first day home with both kids by myself! Yay! Chris has been back to work since Wednesday of last week but up until Friday my mom was here and then of course he was home on the weekend, along with Amy who came to visit. But yesterday - when he went back to work it was just me. And I started the day off with my first outing with both kids. I was a little nervous but it all worked out. Camden had a weight check at the doctor so I had to take both kids (in the rain even!) Alex was wonderful at the appointment. I was a little worried because she has been a little disagreeable and moody the last few days but the past two days were great.

So we went to the doctor and then just came home and hung out. Camden slept most of the day but was awake for a little bit. When he was sleeping Alex and I would watch tv together or play. During the last few months of my pregnancy and during the first week post-partum I have been taking it easy and really couldn't sit on the floor with her. When we "played" she would have to bring her toys to me on the couch. Well yesterday it was so nice to be able to go out to her playroom and sit on the floor and play again! When I would feed Camden she would just play on her own or watch tv. She was very good at "sharing" me. I made sure to cuddle with her when he was sleeping. The only thing that is tricky though is that she wants to go out and play and while he is sleeping I can't just leave him in here so we have to play inside. It will be nice again when we have super nice weather and I can have her play in her sandbox - I can open the door and just watch her play while I am inside with Camden. And when the weather is nicer of course we can all go out and take walks but it's still a bit chilly out.

I am hoping that soon we develop some type of schedule. I know it may be a while because he is only 11 days old but it seems that I feed him around 5 am or so and he goes back to sleep and Alex gets up around 7 so we have a few hours of just Alex and me time. Yesterday I was able to get them both down for a nap at the same time - so I did have about an hour of "me" time. Of course a half hour of that was spent pumping so I don't really consider that free time but I was able to sit down and watch some tv and relax.

Overall it went well. Chris didn't get home until 7 so it was a long day because when he got home I was feeding Camden and then he played with Alex. Then it was time for her to get ready for bed - and of course our little guy still is having one of his waking periods be from like 9:00-10:30 so he goes to bed a little later.

We'll see how today goes - hopefully it goes just as well as yesterday did!

No comments: