Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I am NOT having twins!

So this pregnancy three strangers have asked me if I was having twins. The last one took the cake today though as my mom, Alexandra, and I were at the mall shopping. We went to the Disney Store to use up the rest of some gift cards that we had (and you would think other moms in there shopping for their kids would be sensitive too) but nope we met quite a character (and not a Disney one). Well anyways, so my mom and I were looking at some stuff and this lady and her son walk up and the mom says to me "Oh girl are you due today??" I said "no - in 4 days". And she was like "Oh man........" and then said "are you having twins?" And I said no and then asks if I am sure there is only one in there (yeah I'm pretty sure) and she says that "she doesn't remember the last time she saw a belly that big" She went on and on (while staring at my belly). Then her son who must have only been like 3 or 4 mimicked her and said "only 1?" and I said "yep only 1" and his mom told him to mind his business. Ummm lady.....I think maybe you should think and mind your business before speaking to oversensitive pregnant ladies who are 4 days away from their due date.

I have been laughing all of the comments off but now I keep thinking that I wonder how big this baby really is. I carried higher with Alexandra and with Alex I also had a lot of swelling. This time my belly is just huge and it does stick out farther but I am hoping that he won't be too big - I have too many cute newborn clothes that I want him to wear!!!!! So I guess we'll see when he is born if he is a bigger baby or not.

2 comments:

The Neidig Family said...

With Hunter, I wasn't big at all but was swollen SO bad and he ended up being 8lb 14oz. With Alexander, my belly was a little bigger, but I wasn't swollen at all and he was exactly one pound smaller at 7lbs 14oz. You'll be surprised at how big your little man will actually be! Oh and looking at your pics, you do NOT look like you're having twins! You look great...all belly!! :)

Ali said...

Thanks! That is what everyone (but strangers) say who know me - that I am all belly. I am carrying him totally different - he sticks out super far.