Friday, October 17, 2008

A perfect fall day for tea!

Today for my mother-in-law's birthday her sister (Aunt Sharon) had an English Tea at her house. She got out her china tea set, made cute little sandwiches (yummy) and scones. I ended up making two cakes for the tea that turned out pretty good - I was happy with them....I often get frustrated making them for people because I am somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to that sort of thing - and want them to look nice. But anyways- back to my point - the tea. It was so good! Last year my sister, her friends, and I went to a tea house in Carlisle. We wore hats but now that I think about it I am not so sure I would do that again - you never know who could have worn them before.

But about the day today - man it was so nice! As I got up this morning and went downstairs I went out on my deck and there is something about the smell of fresh fall air. It was sunny with bright blue skies and there was a chill in the air. Nothing too unbearable but just the perfect combination of sun and wind. (ok I am starting to get deep here) As I left Aunt Sharon's house you can see the mountain from the road and you could see all of the colorful leaves. PA is so pretty in the fall.....I tried getting a few pictures of the trees (on our way to the mall from a car) so I didn't really get any gorgeous shots. But still..........so pretty - I just like driving in the fall to look at the trees.

At Camilla's Sin Tea House in Carlisle (I look like a sunflower!) Amy is wearing the "Queen's Hat" In between the sunflower and the queen are Amy's two college roommates.


A nearby park - again, taken from the car so it doesn't do it justice but still......colorful trees.
The mountain ahead - and again - not a wonderful pic but you get the point!

The tea table
Aunt Sharon's beautiful tea set
One of the cakes I made - chocolate cake with PB filling. Topped with a mixture of PB icing, chocolate butter cream icing, and chocolate ganache and topped with hazelnuts.
The other cake - white cake with raspberry filling and covered with chocolate ganache, chocolate butter cream, white chocolate and raspberries.
Little sandwiches


No comments: