I know you are thinking "Why is Ali posting pictures of her closets???" Well I am putting these pictures up for Renee who also has a blog (see right hand side link) called "Tackling Today's Tasks" and in her blog she talks about organization, food, etc. So After reading some posts I decided to get some stuff done before I return to school so I organized my linen closet, pantry, bedroom closet (still kinda in the process) and one of my 2 freezers. (Number 2 deep freezer coming soon!) Chris says I have enough food in that deep freezer to feed an army but hey - it's not going bad - besides - isn't that WHY we got the freezer? - to store food so we would have it???? Anyways - so I organized my linen closet as Alexandra watched......
How I organized it:Bath towels and kitchen towels on main shelves since I grab those and replace those the most
Beside the towels are the bed sheets
On the top shelf - extra blankets and comforters
On the floor: extra pillows and air mattress
Here I organized my extra toiletries (shampoo, deodorant, etc) in the white plastic bin and above it extra TP! The bottom shelf is currently empty but I was thinking of using it for paper towels and cleaning supplies for upstairs - any other ideas????
I took out all of this food and re-organized it because I would just throw stuff in where I found room when I came home from the store. So now my organizational method:bottom shelf - left to right : in basket all b-fast "quickie" items (pop tarts, nutrigrain bars, etc), then snacks
2nd shelf: sauces,condiments, spices, and then baking or sweet extras
3rd shelf: cereal and then all dinner related items (rice, dinner kits, and my abundance of ramen noodles - I had a craving during pregnancy!!)
4th shelf : Just alot of extra snacks, cake mixes, and paper products
So now everything has a place in my pantry (and again Chris says "Ali do we REALLY need 10 cans of pasta sauce???? of course we do - I'm part Italian!)
No comments:
Post a Comment