Today Alexandra had her 4 month Dr. Appointment. She got shots again and cried as usual during the shots. She fussed a little as well in the car but I fed her and she went to sleep. We got home and she was fine again. She ate again and was up for a while and happy. I fed her one more time at about 6 pm and then she seemed tired so I took what I thought was going to be a nap with her. Well it is almost 9 and that "nap" is still happening. I thought for sure after I got up at 7:15 and tried to move her to her crib that she would scream and cry. But she is still sound asleep. I am pretty sure she will get up soon to want to eat but then most likely (or I hope) go back to bed for the night.
I am relieved that this night was more peaceful than the last time she got shots. At about this time at 2 months she had been crying straight for about 45 minutes!! I took advantage of her being asleep and rearranged my living room a little because tomorrow we are going to get our Christmas tree. We have so much baby stuff though that I had to try to clear the room for our tree. It's nice for her to have options like the bouncer, swing, and pack-n-play, and exersaucer (and soon to be high chair!) but man they take up a lot of room!
Speaking of high chairs - Chris will need to put ours together soon because the doc said we can start her on solids now! yay!!! I am excited for this new adventure and it will be neat to see her reactions and what she likes and does not like. So this week on my grocery list: rice cereal, some fruits and veggies and spoons and bowls.
Her appointment went well though. She weighed in at 13 lbs 13 oz (50th percentile) and in height she is 26 inches long! (97th percentile). I can't believe how much she grew. When the nurse did her height and looked at her chart she said...she grew 4 inches.....that's alot...so she measured her again - this time on the table and used a pen to mark where her feet and head were as I held her there........sure enough it was right. Although the dr said that it could fluctuate because measuring babies is hard and it is more accurate once they don't move around as much.......and he said...or she might just be tall!
Well since she is still sleeping I am going to g0 down and get out my Christmas decorations. I am feeling somewhat motivated and not tired since I took an evening nap! Today I also started some Christmas shopping.........but mine was online.....so I got some good deals but didn't have to wait in line!!!
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!!!
1 comment:
I love the Christmas music! Glad to hear Alex is growing!
Post a Comment