Monday, November 10, 2008

My first day back at school after maternity leave

Well many of you have wished me a good first day back and really it was pretty good. Everyone seems to ask if I was ok leaving Alexandra at a babysitter and being away for the day. I keep hoping that it doesn't make me a bad mother if I say - yes, I'm fine. I am sure that if I had NEVER left her in the care of someone else it would have been 10 times harder. But I have left her with family for whole days before and I think that made it easier on me. Plus -she is an awesome baby. Just a happy go lucky kind of gal (or I think she will be based on her temprement now) The babysitter said her day was good. And what a delight (and reassurance) it was to leave her when she was smiling and to pick her up as she was happy and talking away.

School went well too. I guess I built up all of this nervousness and anxiety about being back but after an hour or so it felt like I never left. But after one day I am pooped! I think mainly because last night Alexandra woke up like 4 times plus I got up at 4:45 as she was whimpering and I fed her. Then I just stayed up for the day since I get up at 5 anyways. But I actually fell asleep feeding her. I think that I must have fallen asleep from 5:00-5:15 - I woke up with my foot asleep and Alex was asleep and not eating anymore.

So about 6:30-7 I crashed. But there was still dishes and laundry to do. And printing out school stuff. But now, at 8:30 it is all done and Chris put her to bed and that is exactly where I am heading! I just have to go kiss my baby goodnight.

So thanks to all who wished me well. My day did go well.............and I am looking forward to going to school tomorrow.

No comments: