Friday, November 7, 2008

SOOOO much to do!!

So I go back to school on Monday. At first I was thinking, ok, i'm a little nervous but it will be alright. Then comes today. And I went into conferences yesterday and today and realized just how much stuff I have to do to prepare. All of the teachers have off tomorrow but I will be driving my butt up to school again to get ready. Some people would not have even gone to conferences or go up beforehand like I am but it just makes me feel better. I am a very organized person and I want to have everything in its place for Monday. And the sad part is that these last few days at home with Alexandra have not even really been days at home. Yesterday we were able to be together from 7-2 but then I left for school and didn't get home until 9 (and she was in bed already). Then today I was gone from 8:30 am until 9 PM 12.5 hours. ugh! My baby was asleep when I left and in bed when I came home. sniff sniff. My mom said that she was almost rolling over because my mom was strategically placing toys diagonally from her head and she was trying to turn over to get them. And I told my mom not to prompt her to do that tomorrow until AFTER I get home - haha. I am going up to school just in the morning/mid afternoon and hope to be home to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening with Alex.



So yeah, I am stressing out, missing my baby (even though she is in her room sleeping), tired (it's almost 1AM and I have been working on lesson plans since about 11 and I am not even done yet!)





I have just enjoyed my time at home with Alexandra. I have seen her do many things and I look forward to seeing her do even more - or now since I won't be with her all of the time I will have to be told the things she is doing and hopefully will be able to witness more developments. In the picture below Alex is in her new favorite position - she has found her feet and grabs them - and then starts rolling over on her side with her feet in her hands. I put these foot rattles on her feet to give her something bigger to grab.



Well I hope that everyone crosses their fingers that I will have a good first week back and will transition well into teaching again. I am sure it will be fine and I am just worrying and I'll let you know how my first week back was next week.









1 comment:

Kristin said...

I wish you the best of luck next week. It's a tough transition, but you'll do great! I'll be thinking of you come Monday!