This is a long one.......
So I was at Target (a little Felicity intro for those of you who know what I am talking about) and............everything was almost NOT alright. Why? Well let me tell you my tale. I needed to get some last minute things for vacation and I needed to go somewhere - either Walmart or Target. Well I chose Target because I thought I could also visit a few other stores in the plaza where it is. So I pack up Alex and we drive to Target. List in hand we are ready to shop. She has her beloved Pooh bear, a ball, and she's ready to roll. We were enjoying our shopping trip and I was getting the things I needed. Side note - I hate how I go to Target with a list and usually miss some things on the list AND go into aisles for "extras" that I don't need. My "extra" that I was going to possibly buy were some shoes for Alex for the beach. I saw these cute little pink slip on shoes so I took off her Croc and was trying to get her foot into it. I am not sure if she has chubby feet or if she was just curling her toes but that foot would not go in!!! Anyways....all of the sudden........ding......ding....ding... (only 5 times louder) comes the fire alarm in Target. Then the announcement - "Attention Target customers - please proceed to the Exit" and another man comes walking down saying " Miss you need to exit the building". I know I know.....fire alarm means exit so I head up towards the front where another lady says - "You can just keep your card here". Everyone looks puzzled, casual, no one is freaking out - not even me - although I did hear the Target lady telling another lady "You need to exit" and the lady said "But my daughter is in here somewhere" and the Target lady says "Everyone is being cleared out I'm sure she's on her way up" (Yeah not so reassuring if you happen to have a little kid who is somewhere in the store ) ** Note to self - always keep Alex with me**. Ok. Back to story. So I get Alex out and make sure I grab my diaper bag and we head out of the store. Alex is fine - not crying - just chilled out as can be and we walk outside. Some people continue just hanging out right outside the store but I walked to my car which was farther away because if indeed it was a real fire I don't want to be near the building. So I am ready to put Alex back into the car and throw my credit card and license into my car and look down and - Oh no - Alex is missing one of her Crocs! I left it in the cart because as soon as I heard the bell (when I was in the shoe aisle) I just kept her shoe off and put it beside her. Not only did I leave her Croc there but.................(enter sound effects) dun dun dun............................her BELOVED pooh bear that she ABSOLUTELY LOVES. Pooh bear that is not just from any old store but from DISNEY because Aunt Tricia got it for her there! Pooh bear that she sleeps with every night and sleeps with during naps. Pooh bear that she gives kisses too (and gives kisses to instead of me!!!! haha) . Was Pooh going to burn???????????????
So I called Chris to tell him of the story. What? you left Pooh he says?? I'm tellin ya....we all know how much she loves that long neck bear! Wait.....what about Alex??? I say. haha. I said hey I got OUR Pooh bear out!!! So I told Chris that I was just going to go home and come back later to get it. ( I assumed it was a false alarm fire) and he just said to wait a little and maybe people could go back in. So I drove around the plaza and got Alex out to go into her stroller. She was fine as I snapped her in because there was a nice fountain that she kept looking at and pointing to. Well by that time - I saw no one was really standing outside anymore so I put her back in the car. Oh she was not a happy camper now. She wanted to see that fountain. So I said - but we are going back to get pooh and finish shopping!!!
Meanwhile I have no idea where I put my credit card and license because I just threw them into my car (or so I thought). So as we go back to Target I am walking around the parking lot looking to see if I dropped my card anywhere. No luck. Oh well I KNOW I put it in my car and I am just being paranoid. I have a Target card to use anyways. So we head back in and I see Target employees pulling all of the left carts to the customer service desk because they need to put all of the stuff back. So I told a lady that I was there during the fire alarm and left my cart and had a shoe and a stuffed animal in it. I looked at the spot where my cart was and it was gone. So I looked around at the carts they were pulling over to customer service and I saw Pooh sitting in the cart along with her Croc. Yay!!!! There was other stuff in the cart too that they combined so I took all of the stuff that was not mine out and we went on our merry way again. When I put Alex in I said "Give pooh kisses " and she did.
Well now I couldn't find my list, they didn't have a beach umbrella or beach chairs (or I couldn't find them), teething tablets, or yogurt melts. So basically I went back into the store and got maybe 1 or 2 more things (1 of which wasn't even on my list!) but the most important thing..........we got Pooh back and the Croc. (Actually the MOST important thing was that we got out safely to begin with but since there was not fire the second best thing was that we got Pooh back! )
Oh yeah.........good news....I did actually put my card and license into my diaper bag so I had it with me the whole time.
So since my trip was pretty unproductive I went to Walmart to try to get the rest of the things on my list. I did.....all except the umbrella and chair plus a big girl car seat that she can use until she is 100 lbs. I should have just gone to Walmart to begin with huh?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment