Last Saturday morning at around 4:30 am we woke Alexandra up to leave for Myrtle Beach, SC. It was our first long trip with her in the car so we were anxious to see how she would do. Well she did really well! When we woke her up I figured she would be somewhat groggy, I would change her diaper and put her in the car. Oh no - she wanted to play when we came downstairs and she saw Nana and Poppy there! So she played a little while we finished some things up and we were on the road by 5am. She slept until about 8 and then I fed her and we watched some Tigger and Pooh on the portable DVD player. I sat in the back with her so she would have some company. This was also her first trip in her new big girl car seat!
She slept during her normal nap times (10 and around 2) and we stopped a few times for gas and for lunch. We didn't get in Myrtle Beach until about 3:30 PM. For an 8.5 hour trip Alexandra was great! I had this picture of her just screaming in the car for 5 hours.......but it was nothing like that. She was only fussy when she woke up and was hungry and when she had to have her diaper changed. She developed a bad rash and so that must have been uncomfortable for her.
But anyways, as soon as we got to the resort and checked in we went to our villa, changed into our suits and hit the pool! Alex had a great time swimming and the water felt wonderful. It was much hotter down south than up here in PA. After swimming we just took it easy at our place and ordered pizza (but didn't get to eat until 9:30 PM!) but it was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment