Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mothers with cranky babies....I feel for ya!

I do really feel for those mothers out there who have babies who are fussy and cranky all of the time. Alexandra has not been feeling well the past 3 days and has had a fever, runny nose, is getting teeth, and has not been sleeping or eating well because of all of that. And boy was she Miss Crankipants.....but it wasn't the type of crankiness that I could do anything for except give her lots of lovin and tylenol! I felt soooooooooooo bad for her as she cried out in pain during the night. I didn't get much sleep throughout her "not feeling well" period either.

But wouldn't ya know it.......the day I call the dr and get an appt it all goes away. But that is a good thing. I was worried because today was her first day at the sitters - with someone who wasn't family - and I was preparing myself for major cries on the way out. Nope....she did fine. Then as I was going to the door I expected her to be crying up a storm because, after all, that is basically what she has been doing for the past 48 hours. Nope........she felt fine.....and was playing like normal. We came home and did our normal thing. I could actually walk into the kitchen while she was in the living room without her screaming bloody murder. And at the dr...no temp anymore......slight runny nose...no ear infection...no sore throat. Phew...........

She did, however, cry alot on the way home but once we got home she was playful as can be and we made up for not really playing the past 2 days. Oh she was so funny and such joy just came to me as I watched her smiling, giggling, and being her normal goofy self again. And her dancing....oh her dancing......it cracks me up. Yeah my daughter is a goofball..............a pretty intelligent goofball.....and I love her so much.

By the way.......she is saying a few words: hi, bye, pooh (like the bear), cat, car, cup and she was trying to say cheese when I was giving her some but all that kept coming out was "ch"....hey its close enough for me.

No comments: