Saturday, August 15, 2009

Myrtle Beach: Day 3

Another beach day! Woohoooooooo!!! Sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Perfect day for the beach. And for more sunburn! Although I didn't get it too bad - just a little on my upper body and face. We were at the beach in the morning today and Alexandra slept on Nana and Poppy when she got tired. Each day we started out the same way - took Alex down to the water - let her get in, then back up to the blanket for a diaper change. She still had the rash and we wanted to keep it as dry as possible so there were many diaper changes during our trip! So we hung out most of the afternoon then headed over to the hotel area for lunch. After lunch we went to the water park at the resort and Alexandra (and Chris and I) had a good time. It's wonderful that we have a child now and we can partake in those things because if we didn't have a daughter then most likely we would not have even gone to the water park. We didn't feel so weird splashing around and going down the water slide. We went down the lazy river too and took Alexandra in the raft. She stayed in for most of it but then tried climbing out so I had to just walk her through the rest of the way.

For the evening we went to a place called Barefoot Landing where we did some shopping and had our picture taken with a real tiger. I was a little antsy at first but after seeing others do it I figured it would be fine. And it was.

We then went to dinner at House of Blues. Yummy! We got used to eating late on vacation. At this restaurant Alexandra colored for the first time too. She had a ball coloring on the paper on the table........next purchase I need to make - crayons for her to go wild with!

Another good day but I swear I am getting old because I was pooped by the time we got home!

No comments: