Saturday, August 15, 2009

Myrtle Beach: Day 2

Day 2 we went to the beach! Yay!!!!! I love the beach and have not been there since before Alexandra was born so I could not wait to get out there and lay out and get into the water. I am surprised I even got in after watching a show on Shark Week on Discovery Channel the night before but we went out and were "Ridin the waves" as they say in the Backyardigans. Yes, the whole time I was at the beach I kept singing songs from the Backyardigans from the "Surf's Up" episode. Ugh....I need to get those songs out of my head!!!

This was Alexandra's first time at the beach. When we took her down we stood her in the water and she only stuck one foot in. Eventually she put both feet in but it was kind of like when she first felt grass. She would only sit with one foot touching. Then we sat her down and the water was coming over her legs. She seemed to really like it though. We spent the day at the beach and at night we went to Ripley's Aquarium which was really neat. There was a section where you could go under the water and look at fish, sharks, rays, and turtles swimming above you. We got some good close ups of the shark teeth! After the aquarium we walked around the place and it had all kinds of shops and places to eat. We went to dinner at a seafood buffet. I am happy to say that even though I don't like seafood I found plenty to eat. Alex slept during the whole meal which worked for us because we were actually able to eat our food at dinner.

Then we headed back to our villa as usual and just hung out. I put Alex to bed at her normal time and she did pretty well sleeping. She did wake up at 3 am but I only got her because we had the crib in the same room with us. I suppose it could have been worse and she could have been waking up every few hours.

It was a long exhausting day though. I didn't get burned too bad and I decided to wear the baby 50 spf sunscreen instead of oil.............good decision!

No comments: