Alexandra had her 18 month appointment yesterday and it was another dreaded "shots" appointment. Actually I wasn't too worried because the last few times she got shots she was fine and just cried the moment they stuck the needle in her leg and it was over. Well we went to the appointment and Alex was fine in the waiting room. She found some Winnie the Pooh books to read and a little chair to sit in. I was thinking it was going to be a good appt. Then we got into the room and I had to undress her to her diaper - again this is something she usually protested but she was wonderful still looking at her book from the waiting room and saying "sock" as I was taking off her socks. Then it was time to head out to the scale. Welcome Alexandra's evil twin. As soon as I handed her over to get her height and weight she screamed - an all out full LUNG scream for the ENTIRE appointment from that point on. I keep saying I am not even exaggerating when I say the ENTIRE appointment. The Dr. tried to make her happy by giving her a tongue depressor to hold, by checking Pooh's heartbeat and ears, etc but nope - didn't work. I was trying really hard to understand the Dr, who I have to listen closely to anyways because he is from South Africa and has a strong accent.When it came to the temperament I said that she is normally happy and this all out crying was not like her. So needless to say when we got to the shots she was still crying which didn't make them all that bad. The worse part was when I had to hand her over to get weighed and she was just reaching towards me like saying "Mom..........dont' let me go.............don't...........please". So we left and she was fine in the car and when we got home she was normal Alex again but she definitely was clingy the whole day (and even some today). I mean we cuddle alot and we get our hugs and kisses in but man she just wanted her Mama yesterday. She didn't nap and kept going strong until 7:30. When she went to bed she slept for 11 hours and would have slept longer if I hadn't waked her!
Thank goodness she doesn't go back to the Dr. until 2 years old (I think anyways!)
Here are her 18 months stats:
height: 32" (55th percentile)
weight: 22 lbs. 12 oz (25 percentile)
No comments:
Post a Comment