Thursday, January 14, 2010

18 Months Old

One and a half. I can't really believe that in 6 months Alexandra is going to be 2 years old! I think that each day she gets cuter and cuter. I have been looking through pictures lately of her first year and her looks have changed so much! She's always been cute in my eyes but I think her cuteness really comes out in her personality.

This age is so great. She is into exploring things and imitating me, which is why I decided that either weekly or every couple of weeks we are going to cook together. She loves watching me cook and I tell her exactly what I am doing. She repeats what I say (bits and pieces anyways). I have a few cooking with kids cookbooks that I am going to use and hopefully she will like what we make. Last week we made pizza together (I'll post later with pictures about that! ) We got her a kitchen and fake food for Christmas so she loves imitating me in the kitchen. Nona got her a shopping cart so she also goes food shopping on our pantry.

She is really into coloring these days. I got her some crayons and a big blank coloring pad. I'll write ALEX on it and say the letters as I write them. She repeats "EX" so I am going to continue working on her name with her. I also just got the color wonder paper and markers which are WONDERFUL because they don't show up on anything except the color wonder paper.

Have any other moms watched Yo Gabba Gabba with their children? This show is kinda weird for adults to watch but Alex just LOVES it. She tries to sing the songs and she will just be so into the show. Those songs though.........oh those songs.........get stuck in my head and I can't get them out. Actually alot of the songs that I hear on her shows are in my head. You know you've watched Wonder Pets one two many times when a phone rings and you sing "The phone.....the phone is ringing" (Some of you may know what I am talking about........others may think I am crazy! or then again you may just think it's me we're talking about so it's normal! haha.

So these days she is now having the anti-diaper-changing fits again. Just before she was 1 she didn't want to lay down to change. Then that passed and she was absolutely fine. Now, unless it's in the morning or right before bed she is getting squirmy again and doesn't want to lay down to get her diaper changed. I think she thinks there is just too much other stuff to do that she doesn't want to take the time to lay down!

She has been running alot too. She'll run like a crazy woman through the house and just laugh. I laugh with her though. I think she cracks herself up most of the time. I'm just glad she loves to laugh.

One of the cute things she does is she'll say "Papa where are you?" in the morning (Papa is her grandpa). Or if I am looking for something like her Pooh bear she'll say "pooh where are you?".

She has been getting really silly too after she is done eating. She will say "all done" and then she'll sing or be goofy. She'll make funny faces and speak in alien language but again, she laughs at herself. I just crack up watching her.

She is also saying definite "Yes's". Each night when I say "Are you ready for your bath?" She says "YES!" She still just loves playing in the tub. Now she washes herself and the other night she helped to wash her hair. When it comes to the rinsing part though she's not really a happy camper. She always splashes around in the tub but now she intentionally tries to splash whoever is giving her a bath. Of course I don't mind so I just play along. Then she tries to wash my face too and she was so gentle when she rubbed my face. I just think she is a sweetheart!

She is also starting to say thank you on her own. The other night Nana got her a new shirt and she took it and said thank-you. It's kind of hard to make out but I could tell that was what she was saying. We use please and thank you alot so she does hear it often and I am glad that she is using her manners!

Well this post is getting a little long and I could go on and on and on about her! Really I just wanted to say I just love watching my little girl learning so many new things and each day she brings us so much joy! We are blessed to have that little munchkin in our life. Love ya Alexandra! !


No comments: