I had said before that I would like to cook with Alex once every 1-2 weeks. I think this can be a special activity that we can do together and I know many memories can be made in the kitchen so I am hoping she remembers some of the things we make. Down the road I want to make her a photo cookbook with recipes we have made and pictures of her helping. The last thing we made was pizza. She is really good at following directions when we are cooking. So I decided to do something easy and fun and what is more fun that pizza. Ok maybe cupcakes are because of the yummy icing but pizza is a close second! We used pre-made pizza crusts to make the job a little easier. Take a look at our pizza making process!
How To Make a Pizza (according to Alexandra)
Step 1: Brush the crust with EVOO - extra virgin olive oil (mommy is already teaching me cooking abbreviations!)
Step 2: Put some sauce on the pizza crust. Spread it around with the spoon.
Step 3: Lick the yummy sauce that got on your hands off! Repeat this step if necessary!
Step 4: Sprinkle mozzarella cheese onto the sauce. Be generous with it. I mean, who DOESN'T love extra cheese???
Step 5: Put on some pepperoni. Mommy used some onions on her pizza but I'll just take the pepperoni please!
Step 6: Make sure you test out the pepperoni. Mommy also says that good cooks taste test their food as they are cooking it to make sure they are seasoned well.
Step 7: WAIT! DON'T FOLLOW THIS STEP - Put your half eaten pepperoni on the pizza.
Mommy told me that it's ok to use it for my pizza since I will be eating it but she told me that when making food for other people it's not a good idea.

Step 8: Help mommy carry the cookie sheet to the stove but when she opens the stove back up! It's hot. Every time mommy opens the stove she says "HOT" so I know to back up. Please note that I am using an oven mitt on my left hand.
Step 9: Double check to make sure the cheese tastes good too. I forgot this step while MAKING the pizza. Let mommy take over and put the pizza in the oven!
1 comment:
That is so cute! I'm not sure I'll EVER be able to put Eli on the counter. He'd be diving right off. I guess that's the differene between girls and boys! Looks like yummy pizza!
Post a Comment