Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cooking with the Cutie

Licking the batter off of the measuring spoon
Stiring the mix together
Just making sure the graham crackers are ok
Pouring the mix into the bowl
Putting the paper liners into the pan

So when I went home I thought I would try to make something with Alexandra again because I just love having her help out in the kitchen. She always wants to help too. As soon as I say "Do you want to help Mommy cook?" she says "YES!" and we get to it. She also is fascinated with the dishwasher. So I have her help me empty the safe things in it like plastic cups and bowls. She'll take them out and say "here ya go" as I put them away. It's nice that she enjoys being in the kitchen and I am hoping that by cooking with her she will enjoy cooking as much as I do later in life.

So we (or I, because she really didn't have a say in the matter) decided that we would make no-bake cheesecake cups. She helped me to put the muffin liners in the muffin pan, pour the ingredients in, and of course she spent most of the time trying to get her little fingers into what we were making!

She did get to taste the final product after lunch and of course she said "MMMMMM" and then "more please!"




No comments: