Alexandra's Nona (my mom) has been staying with us since Wednesday to watch Alex while I am at school since Nana and Papa are in Mexico (and we are soooo jealous!). While my mom has been with her she has been doing a few new things. She has found her shadow! At first she was a little timid with it but now she will go up to the door and dance with her shadow. It was really cute to see. She also is saying a few more words. I have a spreadsheet of words she says and I just continue to add words every day because she repeats anything we tell her too plus also will use her newly learned words on her own. She points to the floor and will say floor, then door, then wall, then rug, and will say "other rug" because there are a few in the hallway. She also is saying sorry alot. I was putting groceries away in the fridge and stepped back and bumped into her and she said "sorry". I just said, oh I'm sorry, that was my fault not yours! She says thank you on her own now and has been saying please for a while on her own. She is starting to say excuse me when she burps too. I am so glad she is using her manners!
She just loves when I come home with groceries. I let her go through the bags and help me unpack. She just LOVES helping with anything! She is so good at following 1-2 step directions. She is also saying a few words in her phrases - for example - it's been frigid here and she has been saying "cold side" (meaning cold outside) because we have been saying that alot! She'll also say "daddy's shoes" or mama bed, etc. She's been calling me mama alot, which is is cute. She'll also call me mom too but when she says mama it's just so dear!
Now if s0meone calls on the phone she can carry on a conversation with them (prompted by me telling her what to say) but she will say "how are you?" and she will ask the other person questions and then answer their questions. It's so cute. Nana and Papa called from Mexico tonight and Alex was talking on the phone with them which probably made them so happy. Nana and Papa miss Alex when she is not around them for a day so I can only imagine how happy they will be to see her when they get home on Tuesday. I am not sure what they are going to do when we move down to our Chadds Ford house for good. I have a feeling we'll just have visitors often! That's fine by me though. Alex has been part of their daily lives with us living with them and I'm afraid it will be like empty nest syndrome again when we leave. At least we still have 4 months left together!
Even though I repeat it often I am just so happy and blessed to have this girl in my life. She is so full of love and is so caring, kind, sweet, well mannered, and just a joy to be around. She still cuddles and it's just the best when I get a big "mama" and hug and kiss. I'm trying to savor every moment like that. I just listen to the song "It won't be like this for long" by Darius Rucker and know, not to take any of those moments for granted!
No comments:
Post a Comment