Wednesday, November 17, 2010

28 Months

Another month has gone by and Alexandra is another month older. At this point most things are the same although I suppose she just continues to say more sentences, make more connections, and can be quite funny with what she says. I love that I can have a regular conversation with her and that she even adds humor to it sometimes.

Talking:
Her new catch phrase is "ummm I guess so" and when she says it she flashes me a big smile. One time I asked her to do something expecting a yes and she said "umm I guess so" like what I was asking was a big inconvenience at the time....and I just smiled and laughed a little. So now, she expects the smile.

Physical Development:
She has been using the potty ever since the first week in November. It's so nice that I don't have to tell her 100 times a day to tell me. She does it on her own. I do remind her though when we are at other people's houses, just because I don't want her to have to hold it because she doesn't want to go there. She has gone at other's houses and in public places. I originally got a toilet seat paper cover but I think she was still afraid she would fall in (and it is getting harder for me to squatt and hold her up). So I bought a portable potty seat/portable potty called the Potette that we can take with us on road trips. It fits right into my bag so it's nice. During the night I am using a pull up on her and some nights she stays dry and others she is a little wet. But she hasn't leaked through to the sheets since the first week (knock on wood!) and during naps she doesn't wear a pull up and has stayed dry. It is so nice having her potty trained! So glad I decided to sacrifice a few days at home and dedicate myself and her to it!!! She acutally likes going to the potty but even more she loves flushing the toilet and washing her hands - which is great!

I still assist her getting her up on the potty but she can get off by herself and she is getting good at pulling up/down her pants although I do help her most of the time.

She is also jumping with both feet a lot and is into a tumbling stage. This scares me though because I am so afraid she will hurt her neck. I help her do forward rolls only if I support her neck. She likes to stand on all fours and almost on her head and then tries to roll on her own. That is what scares me. If I wasn't almost 6 months pregnant now would be the perfect time to sign up for a mommy and me gymnastics class!


Things she is into:
She is all about the Wonder Pets and I was thinking of telling her they retired because I am so sick of them!! haha. I do have some episodes of Wonder Pets on my phone so she can watch it there that way if I want to have the tv off or have on Food Network or another show I can. Although Alex does like watching Food Network too - she'll always say "Mommy, what are they making???" She loves being in the kitchen and helping me out.

She loves dinosaurs now too. I'm not sure where the fascination came from but she loves playing with them and she can identify several. She also loves playing with and identifying animals.

She loves doing crafts with me. I always try to get some seasonal crafts from Michaels for us to do together. She loves painting, drawing, and her new obsession is play-doh. She has liked this a while but recently I got out my play-doh cookie cutters that I used to have in my recess toys for school and she loves making things out of play-doh.

She also loves playing soccer and hitting her ball off of her tee. She is getting quite good at hitting too. We may soon need to move the tee in the basement so that she doesn't put a dent in the wall!!

It's neat to watch her as her interests change and I am excited to see what she will like within the next month.

No comments: