Monday, November 1, 2010

Bring on Thanksgiving!

So this past week I think I crammed in more activities than I have the whole summer. Well maybe not but it sure felt that way - and they were all for Halloween so needless to say I am ready to move onto the next holiday and think about eating Thanksgiving dinner (and oh how I will love it even more with my mega appetite!)

Don't get me wrong, Halloween was fun this year with Alexandra because she got the concept of candy, trick or treating, costumes, etc. But the week made me pooped!

My busy week started Monday morning. I had a Dr. appointment and I took Alex with me. This has nothing to do with Halloween week but just added to the business. After the appointment we came back and hung out and at 4:45 got ready to go to the Herr's potato chip factory for trick or treating. We walked through the factory as if we were on a factory tour (so we got to see the production, packaging, etc of the chips) and then we stopped at various points to get some salty snacks. They also had hayrides but Alex really isn't into them - they seem to scare her - so we just headed home.

Tuesday morning we went to another mom's house to make bat-o-lanterns. It was a Mom's Club get together where the kids made their bats out of styrofoam pumpkins that were painted black. We added ears, eyes, and wings and it turned out really cute! Then the kids played in the playroom while the mom's chatted and ate goodies and drank coffee and tea.

Wednesday morning was the monthly social/meeting for the Mom's Club and my first time attending. I got to meet alot of new people. For the meetings a speaker usually comes in and for this one a local gift shop was represented to share cute, personalized gifts. While the meeting was going on there was a babysitter and I was wondering how Alex would be. Luckily she knew some of the other kids there but really if there are toys and playing involved then it's like I'm not even there. Which is better than her clinging to my leg. I went to check up on her after the meeting before they trick or treated (yes more at the meeting) and she was totally cool and I swear I could have left and she wouldn't have known. Then later that evening I took her to the Kennett Square Halloween parade. Beforehand there was also trick or treating at the downtown stores. We only made it to a few because I wanted to get a good seat on the curb. Although, all of these older kids stood right in front of us so it was kinda hard for Alex to see or even get any candy (not that she even needed candy but clearly they could see that we were trying to watch the parade too). So costume twice in one day = on my way to getting my money's worth.

Thursday there was nothing going on during the day but in the evening we went to the West Chester Halloween parade. It was nice because Chris was able to come with us this time. It was a very nice parade, Alex got to wear her costume again, the weather was perfect, and she got alot of candy (that Chris and I would take care of!)

Friday we had a Halloween party to go to at another mom's house and it was really nice. The kids could make some small crafts and eat some food and it is always nice to just have adult conversations during the day. I look forward to Friday's probably as much as Alex because I can just be near adults. She always enjoys being able to play. Every time we go to a new house it's like Christmas morning with all of the new toys. She played with the kids and would come out to me occasionally to tell me something but it seems like she had a great time. Nothing else much was going on but Titi Amy did come visit but we just hung out.

Sunday would be the last of our Halloween activities. In the evening before trick or treating our neighborhood had a little picnic which was nice. Most of the neighbors and their kids came out to eat some food and chat while the kids played. Chris chatted with a bunch of new people and I met a few new neighbors as well. Alex had a great time playing with the kids and just being outside. Then we had trick or treating. I stayed in to hand out candy while Chris took her out. By that point I was already "Halloween-ed" out so it was nice to stay in. I definitely overbought with the candy and by the time Chris and Alex got back he began handing out candy and saying "take a bunch" so we could get rid of our candy. I did pull out some of my favorites so that I could have some chocolate when I got my cravings. Alex even helped hand out some of the candy to trick or treaters. What was even more amazing was that she went to sleep easily! (no nap + sugar from candy = tired girl)

So now I say - bring on Thanksgiving!!! As I look at the calendar November doesn't seem too busy until we near the last few weeks. The first week will be dedicated to potty training (which is exhausting enough!) and we end with a ot of weekend traveling. I keep thinking the months are going to pass on slowly because I am so excited and anxious to meet our baby boy but I don't think I have anything to worry about because the months are flying by!



Alex and Chris check out what they got trick or treating
Ready to trick or treat
Her bat-o-lantern
Trick or treating at Herr's
First time trick or treating

No comments: