I was in the shower and Alex comes up and says “Mom look at my picture” (she was drawing on paper with colored pencils) but then I noticed she had some green finger paint on her arm……….and on her face………….and in her hair!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! So I told her she needed to get that paint out of her hair before it got hard so I told her to take her clothes off and get into the shower with me. Before she was afraid of the shower but recently she will come in with me and stand in the corner. So I got her washed and I said “No more fingerpaints unless mommy is with you” and she said “But mom I was just doing Art.” (the girl LOVES art) It was too cute and I couldn’t be mad. So then I was getting her dressed and I said “so where did you open your paints – are they all over??” and she said “I made a mess in my playroom”
As we walked down I was afraid to see what kind of mess would be waiting for me but it looks like she just got it on her and on nothing else. Phew. Crisis averted (and finger paints will now be put up high with all of the other craft supplies!!!!)
So afterwards I sat down with her and she did her do-a-dot (not as messy) painting and then when she was done she was getting ready to take her paints back to her desk and she said something so hilarious (because it seemed so sophisticated for her age) but wouldn’t ya know it I already forgot what she said. I am amazed at the things she says. I really need to write them down as soon as she says them because I always seem to forget!!
No comments:
Post a Comment