Friday, August 19, 2011

Photo Contest

I have never entered my kids into any kind of photo contest but I thought I would give it a try because I saw that the Children's Place was having a model search. Since the kids own half of the clothes in the store (kidding) I thought I would enter them into the contest. Let me just say that I would NEVER be one of those toddler and tiara mamas. Trying to get Alex to look at the camera and actually smile took a good 15 minutes. So I was all ready to take lots of pictures knowing that it's so hard. I put my camera in burst mode to get every look and every smile. So I got a lot of pictures and put my memory card into my computer. Then poof - I deleted them by accident. OH NO!!! By this point Alex had already taken off her high tops and jacket and was laying down watching a show on tv while I put the pictures on my computer. 

She was so done with pictures but I was telling her that I needed to take more because of my mistake. At first she didn't want to but then when I mentioned having a popcicle she was all for it. Yes. I used bribery and it worked. 

I looked through my pictures and got some good ones but I just love the one where she isn't forcing a smile and it just looks like she is having fun. After she was done we went up to Camden's room and had him play dress up too. Alex was playing in the background and I kept trying to get pictures of just him because for contest only one child can be in the photo. At first I kept asking her to go sit in the chair so I could get some shots of just Camden. But then I thought, what the heck, I'll get some good pictures of the both of them. And I just love some of them. I think the one is pretty funny of Camden looking like he is skydiving and Alex jumping in the background. I think Camden was feeding off of Alex's excitement in the background because his legs were going a mile a minute. Oh they are going to give me a run for my money when he starts walking/running!!!!!! 

So the first two photos are the one's I chose for the contest. I hope they have a chance to win. There are soooo many pictures submitted I don't know how they will choose the winner! All I can say is that I tried! 




Here are some other pictures I took























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute! You did a great job on all of your pictures!

Kristin said...

They are cute! I really like the one with Alex cheering in the background. The ones with the two together are good.

Ali said...

To get a few good pictures I had to keep my camera on burst mode and I snapped at least 50 pictures!
Thank you both!