This past week we to a mini vacation to the beach in Atlantic City and then on Friday we went to Dutch Wonderland. We left Monday morning to go to Atlantic City and the good news is that it's only an hour and a half to get there! We were there by about 10:30 so we just walked around on the boardwalk for a bit, had some lunch, and by that time Nana, Papa, Tricia, and Alyssa were at the hotel and waiting to check in. Once we got all checked in we got ready and went down to the beach for a few hours. Alexandra knew we were going to the beach for the week and that is all we have been talking about so we just had to go down for a bit on the first day, even if it was in the late afternoon. After going to the beach we went out to Phillips restaurant down on the boardwalk to eat. I was curious how Camden would do with vacation because he usually goes to bed around 7:30 (and we were just going to dinner at this time). But it all worked out (all week!) because most nights he fell asleep in the carseat at the restaurants or on the walk on the boardwalk and it was an easy transition to get him into his Pj's and down in the pack and play. Although the one night he did wake up when I was transferring because I had to change his diaper. He was being all chatty (and Alex was fast asleep) but I just fed him and he went back to sleep. Nursing him to sleep usually always works when all else fails. The first night I ended up just staying in the room and didn't even go down to the casino because I was so pooped! I went right to bed.
On Tuesday we were up early and went down to the beach for the day. Alex and Alyssa had fun playing in the sand and with Alex's boogie board - which she called her surf board. Chris would make them hydroplane on the water and spin them around. It looked like it was a lot of fun! She went into the water this year and just loved running around in the shallow water. Last year she wouldn't go near the water! After our beach day we had a late lunch at Johnny Rockets. While we were there it started pouring down rain so it took us a while to get back to the hotel. Aunt Tricia stayed at the hotel while Alyssa napped so I was able to leave Camden there too which was great! Then we went out to dinner later in the evening at Corky's BBQ. This dinner was a little stressful for me as Alex was getting restless, she was tired and whining, etc. Camden slept the whole time through it as usual. Needless to say I was happy when it was time to go back up to the room. I put the kids to bed I actually went down to the casino for a bit while Nana came over and stayed with the sleeping kiddos. I'm happy to say I only lost 30 dollars playing the slots. I wanted to play some more but didn't want to lose any more.
Wednesday was another beach day so we had another nice day playing in the sand, looking for shells and getting our feet wet. I didn't go into the water past my knees because it was just too cold! Camden did really well on the beach too. We rented an umbrella each day plus we had a tent from last year so he hung out in the shade most of the time and was just the normal happy baby that he always is. The only times he got a little fussy were the times he was tired. He did take naps on the beach but it took a little longer for him to settle down. Having him at the beach I was prepared by taking formula but I ended up not having to use any. I was able to keep making bottles for him so I was happy about that. After dinner at the buffet in our hotel on Wednesday night we took another LONG walk down the boardwalk all the way to the end and Alex went to a Dinosaur exhibit in the one casino and then we went to the Steel Pier and Alex and Alyssa rode some rides.Then it was time for the long haul back to the hotel and we ended the evening with some cookies from the Mrs. Field's Cookie shop in our hotel. They were so yummy! I was worried that having a cookie before bed was going to make Alexandra super crazy but she was so tired she didn't finish all of her cookie and went to sleep pretty quick. Those long days really wear her out and she didn't have any naps!
Thursday we were checking out so we ended up getting a later checkout at 4 PM so we could have a day at the pool. We ended up renting a nice cabana with some lounge chairs and couch which was nice for the kids so that they could be in the shade when they weren't in the pool. We had a nice time by the pool and had some lunch there before heading out to come back home. We got home around 5:15 and the best part was that both kids slept most of the way. Alex was sad to leave everyone so she was upset for a bit before she fell asleep and then again when she woke up. Nana and Papa came to our house then to stay for the night so we could all go to Dutch Wonderland Friday
Friday we woke up and I had a doctor appointment so I went to that while everyone got ready at our house. When I got home we all went to Dutch Wonderland and met Uncle Bob and Alyssa there. Alex had so much fun riding the rides. It is a kid themed amusement park so there were a lot of rides that were just for little ones. I went there as a kid too but I don't remember much . All I know is that it was a vacation we took and it was around the 4th of July because there were fireworks (which I slept through apparently). We thought it may be rough getting Alex to leave but she was great about leaving because she was so tired. As soon as Chris strapped her into the car her eyes were getting heavy and she fell asleep within 10 minutes and slept the whole way home. Camden on the other hand was sleeping when we were in the park and for part of the trip home but then woke up with a tummy pain I think because he was crying and it wasn't just a fussy hungry cry - even Chris could tell it was a different cry than we normally hear. I felt so bad for him - good thing we were so close to home when he started crying. When we got home though he was fine. Happy as can be and talking, laughing, etc.
So that was our week and mini vacation. Hopefully in a few weeks we will be able to go to the beach again to visit Chris's Aunt and Uncle in Delaware. I know Alex would love to go again!
 |
| taking a walk on the boardwalk |
 |
| our view from our room on the 40th floor |
 |
| Camden testing out the bed |
 |
| the water was cold so she wanted held |
 |
| feeling the waves crash |
 |
| Alyssa |
 |
| hanging with Nana |
 |
| silly cousins |
 |
| she HAD to walk with the boogie board in hand (as she slept!) |
 |
| time to try out the boogie board |
 |
| nap time |
 |
| Uncle Chris showing the girls a crab he found |
 |
| boogie boarding toddler style |
 |
| a family picture - but we couldn't get one with all 4 of us looking |
 |
| playing in the sand |
 |
| Alyssa and Alex making a castle |
 |
| Papa time |
 |
| an elephant made of jelly beans |
 |
| part of the inside of our hotel |
 |
| brrrrrrrr |
 |
| in the water with Papa |
 |
| look at this shell mom! |
 |
| taking a rest |
 |
| and still not looking at the camera |
 |
| Alyssa and Aunt Tricia on the carousel |
 |
| the girls riding some rides |
 |
| Alex was the driver |
 |
| the boats |
 |
| and bumpy motorcycles |
 |
| more smiles from Camden |
 |
| he looks so comfy napping in the cabana |
 |
| the crew |
 |
| trying to get warm after swimming |
 |
| this boy has it made in the shade |
 |
| the Lagoon ride at Dutch Wonderland |
 |
| riding the shooter jets |
 |
| getting an arm workout on the manual trains |
 |
| Alyssa |
 |
| ride buddies |
 |
| figuring out how to work the bulldozer |
 |
| my not so little girl! |
 |
| first "ferris wheel" ride.......both girls did great. In fact, they were having a ball making silly faces back and forth |
 |
| a huge slide! |
 |
| pony rides |
 |
| the whip - by the end she was not holding on again |
 |
| Camden was wiped out |
 |
| Sad to go.........and I was sad that this was the only picture I got of Alex in front of the castle because my camera battery died! Oh well.........there is always next year! |
2 comments:
Your vacation sounds like it was a lot of fun!
It was! Dutch Wonderland is a great place for kids!
Post a Comment